Golaem Crowd 3.2 introduces a Crowd Paint Tool enabling artists to place their characters and control their behaviors with a simple brush.
Intuitive and Powerful Paint Tool
- Placement: place characters by painting them on the ground, while controlling their density with color.
- Character Attributes: paint character attributes to control their behaviors and their appearances.
- Zone Triggers: paint color zones on your terrain to activate/deactivate behaviors on your characters.
- Navigation: control characters path-finding by painting vector fields on the ground.
Convincing Crowd Shots in a Few Days
- rental (1500 EUR for 3 months)
- permanent license (4999 EUR including 1 year of support & upgrade)
Both are floating licenses, enable to render on an unlimited number of nodes for free, and come with a contemporary ready-to-use Character Pack. Maintenance & Support Subscription (875 EUR/year) enables permanent licensees to benefits from all upgrades including major versions.
Behavior Live Visual Debug
The Golaem Crowd Behavior Editor makes it simple to describe elaborate behaviors by drag'n'dropping a few built-in behaviors and connecting them to each others. It is now directly linked with the Maya viewport and can display which behaviors or motions the selected character is running. It makes it easier than ever to build behaviors and identify unexpected behaviors or wrong configuration.
Arnold Mtoa 1.x Compatibility
Control any Type of Characters
Do More with Less Work
Control Birds and Fishes with the Flock Behaviors
Validate Your Work Before Even Pressing the Render Button
Use Golaem Crowd for everything
Maya 2014 Support
Game Of Thrones, Warm Bodies, Asterix and lots of sport commercials
- see the feature page
- ask your free 30 days evaluation.
- visit the Golaem Crowd booth at Siggraph, Anaheim, booth #335
Golaem announces the release of the Golaem Crowd Character Pack, a set of free ready-to-use characters and motions enabling faster crowd shots creation. It is available free of charge for all Golaem Crowd customers.
- ready-to-use character with a hundred props (tshirt, shirt, jacket, sun glasses...)
- texture variations for each props
- 14 motions (for stadium & concert spectators)
Millions of Combinations
Or meet us at FMX (http://www.fmx.de)
- On our Booth: Marketplace 3.4, everyday
- Virtual Humans Forum: Meidinger-Saal, Friday, April 26 17:00 - 18:00
Golaem Crowd 2.3 introduces the Geometry Behavior, enabling a myriad of new effects, as well as the Character Maker, a revamped tool for converting & editing characters skeleton & motions. Bug fixes & usability improvements have also been made based on users feedback.
Based on users feedback, many aspects of the rendering process have been improved:
- 3Delight Proxy: Render your 3Delight scenes directly in Maya
- Check Settings: Check your scene before rendering
- Batch Render: Render scenes on the farm, with a streamlined process
- Kill list: Remove characters from your shots
For more information about Golaem Crowd:
Golaem releases Golaem Crowd 2.2, facilitating distributed rendering and supporting Solid Angle’s Arnold.
Easier deployment for farm rendering
Procedural Shaders & Multitexture
To understand and meet its users needs more closely, Golaem recently appointed industry experienced VP Sales M&E and VP Marketing. They both come from the field and have been personally involved in using or developping artists tools for years.
Nicolas Verley, VP Sales Media & Entertainment
Nicolas has been in the animation industry for almost 20 years.
He started computer animation as a CG artist in 1993, then moved to Netherlands at Motek to become a motion capture specialist.
Back in France in 1995, he joined the Softimage company as a technical support engineer and pre sales. For more than 13 years he succeeded year after year in various positions: 3D animator, demo artist and technical support engineer, product specialist and Softimage trainer, technical account manager. He finally became the country manager for the whole Softimage product range.
In 2008, he became a CG consultant focusing on customer needs and projects expectation for various product and services such as Toonz, a 2D software platform for traditional animation, and Damas, a digital asset management software solution for animation studio.
As a VP Sales M&E at Golaem, he will be in of charge of all the sales and distribution channel management activities for media & entertainment market.
Alexandre Pillon, VP Marketing
After graduating in mathematics applied to computer sciences at INSA, Alexandre spent two years in Japan discovering how finance was ruling the world, then he secretly studied how to shape chaotic code in usable products at night.
He started working on behavioral crowd simulation from 2007 to 2009 as an R&D software engineer at the INRIA.
Alexandre co-founded Golaem in 2009. From 2009 to 2012, he was in charge of a crowd simulation project where he developed and tested what would eventually become the Golaem Crowd Behavior Editor.
Alexandre and Nicolas will work closely together to bring even easier to use and powerful products to artists in the M&E market.
Golaem releases a new version of its plugin for Autodesk Maya : Golaem Crowd 2.1, including new rendering proxys for Maya, optimized rendering performances as well as bug fixes.
Lightning Fast Rendering
- Renderman Maya Proxy: load your crowds .rib file and render them
- V-Ray Maya Proxy: easily render crowds .vrscene
Mental Ray Plugin performances comparison on Intel Core i7 X990 (1 character = 5590 triangles)
Behavior Editor Improvements
- Behavior Templates: export behaviors in a shared template directory and import them in any scene.
- Triggers Handles: get an easy access to the behavior triggers by using the triggers handle and easily share conditions between multiple triggers.
Behavior Editor improvements: Custom Behavior Library (bottom left) and trigger handles
For more information about Golaem Crowd:
- see release notes
- visit Golaem Crowd page and ask for a free 30 days evaluation.
- meet the Golaem team at Siggraph Asia (booth #C19), Paris FX, Game Connection Paris